Terms of Service
PLEASE READ & ACKNOWLEDGE
Presenting Your Vehicle:
- The vehicle shall be presented with a quantity of fuel/charge sufficient for our technicians to complete the requested work including road testing (if applicable).
- The vehicle shall be presented in a condition that shall present no health hazards to our staff.
- Any relevant items (e.g. service book and/or locking wheel key – if applicable) will be laid out or made available to our staff.
- Any video/audio recording equipment (e.g. a dash-cam) shall be removed/disabled prior to dropping off the vehicle. To protect the privacy of our staff, any recording equipment left active/connected will be disconnected and may have its memory erased.
- The vehicle owner/presenter shall photograph the complete vehicle exterior and interior such that condition can be clearly seen. The photographic metadata must evidence that the photographs were taken not more than one day prior to the agreed booking/drop-off date.
- When your vehicle is in our workshop the driver’s front window will be opened. This is done to prevent the keys being locked inside the vehicle in the event that a fault occurs/is present with the central locking system. We will NOT be held responsible if, due to pre-existing poor/worn condition, the window motor/mechanical regulator fails when lowering/raising the window. If you do not want us to operate your vehicle’s window for the reason stated prior, you must cancel your booking. In the event that the driver’s window is defective and cannot be operated, you should advise our workshop prior to attending your booking.
- If your vehicle’s timing belt/gear, or any other component, fails due to pre-existing poor/worn condition while in our workshop, we will NOT be held responsible ANY related damage/required repairs. If you do not accept this, you must cancel your booking.
- Where a booking for non-routine works is requested, it is likely that the vehicle will be off the road for a period of time. You are required to leave the vehicle with us to complete works as necessary. Prior to completing an initial investigation, numerous unknown factors may affect turnaround time. We will keep you updated as works progress and will instruct on an estimated time of completion as soon it is known (normally 2-5 days, however it is not possible to specify prior to completing the initial investigation).
Third Party Warranty:
- MB Jarvie Limited will have no involvement at any stage of a claim process with a Third Party Warranty Provider.
Payment & Collection:
- All accounts will be settled in full prior to/at time of vehicle collection, unless otherwise agreed. Cheques are not an acceptable form of payment.
- Storage charges will apply at £30+VAT per day if vehicle is not collected following completion of works, unless otherwise agreed.